• 1 cup dried Haitian black mushroom
• 4 cups hot water or chicken stock
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons green spice
• 1 cup frozen lima beans
• 4-6 whole clove
• 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
• salt to taste
• 2 cups rice
• 2 cups raw shrimp, cleaned and peeled and cut into small pieces
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Soak the black mushroom in hot water for ten minutes or until the water appears very dark in color. Drain, press on the mushrooms to extract all the liquid. Strain liquid through a fine sieve to remove sand. Set liquid aside.
Add coconut oil to the pan and saute the green spice blend, cloves, Tomato paste, thyme and lima beans until tender. Add the mushroom, reserved liquid, and salt. Bring to a boil and stir in rice. Do not cover.
The water should almost be absorbed, stir in the shrimp. adjust the seasoning. Cover, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.